This eLearning course covers the concepts and techniques of the Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Study methodology, including related matters of preparation, team meeting facilitation and reporting. It includes worked examples and links to additional resources.
Attendees will learn the anatomy of process safety incidents including process hazard analysis terminology, the basic HAZOP Study approach to developing potential incident scenarios, the estimating of scenario risk as a means to determining the adequacy of safeguards, the application of the HAZOP Study method to procedure-based operations, and the logistical aspects of planning and executing a HAZOP Study team review.
This course is the culmination of over 25 years of teaching and employing the HAZOP Study methodology in a variety of process industries, by the lead author of CCPS’ Guidelines for Hazard Evaluation Procedures, Third Edition and the instructor of the ASME Continuing Education course on "HAZOP Studies and other PHA Techniques for Process Safety and Risk Management.". Topics covered include:
- The anatomy of process safety incidents
- The HAZOP Study method for scenario development
- Continuous-process example
- Determining the adequacy of safeguards
- Developing findings and recommendations
- Variations on the basic HAZOP Study method
- Application to procedure-based operations
- Batch-operation example
- Preparing for and leading HAZOP Study team reviews
- Updating and revalidating HAZOP Studies
|Employees of CCPS* Member Companies||$495|
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$247.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$247.50|
(Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.)
*If you do not see the appropriate price in your shopping cart, please contact email@example.com or call 1.800.242.4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660) before checking out.