The Global Congress on Process Safety will once again be featuring short courses available around the schedule of the conference’s technical sessions.
If you would like to teach a short course at the 2013 GCPS, please send a short course proposal to GCPSchair@aiche.org
All proposals must be submitted by November 9th in order to be considered. The short courses should be one day in length and on a topic relevant to process safety. Please make sure that your short course proposal includes:
- Overview and/or agenda for the content of the short course
- Biography/background of the short course instructor
- A/V requirements for the course (projector, screen, flipcharts, etc.)
- Course materials that will be distributed
Agreement between AIChE and Short Course Instructors
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and the short course instructor will equally split net revenues for the proposed short course to be held at the 2013 Global Congress on Process Safety in San Antonio, Texas. The courses will take place on Sunday, April 28, 2013. The cost to attend the short course will be between $500 and $600 depending on whether or not a CCPS book will be included in course materials given out.
Expenses that will be deducted from gross revenue include:
- Audio/Visual equipment rental
- Coffee/snack costs (lunch will not be served)
- CCPS books given as course materials
- Site, marketing, registration, and organization costs
AIChE will provide the room for the short course at no charge, while instructors will be responsible for paying for their travel to the conference, as well as any room and board expenses.
AIChE will collect all registration fees and will make payment to the short course instructor within 8-10 weeks after the Global Congress on Process Safety is complete.
AIChE reserves the right to cancel the short course should there be insufficient attendance.
If you have any questions, please contact Jing Chen at email@example.com or at 646-495-1369