On-Site Biological Graywater Treatment
- Type: Archived Webinar
An Appalachian State University research team, is innovating the field of biolgical water treatment by applying a proven technology to salon and spa wastewater to create functional, multipurpose, "living art" within a small business environment. In this informative webinar you will learn how to "Grow Clean Water".
The presentation will highlight the following:
- History of EPA (P3) People, Prosperity, and the Planet research competition
- Appalachian State University's commitment to sustainability & participation in EPA P3
- Concept of phytoremediation & how it applies to water purification
- History of "Living Machines" and the concept of ecological waste water treatment
- The purpose behind "Grow Clean Water" and the significance of applying this technology to salons & spas
- The research process, how, why, and what now
- Overcoming limitations: space, lighting, cost,
- Current research results from Grow Clean Water, including chemical analysis and plant health analysis
- Public response to the idea of using a miniature wetland to filter water in an indoor environment
- Future research
- Applications of research results and future expectations of project
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|AIChE Member Credits||1|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|