BRASKEM within the production process developed a framework and Analysis of Impacts and Risk Management Process which seeks to ensure that the risk acceptability criteria are met and developed throughout the life cycle of projects and facilities, from conceptual design to work of construction or acquisition and installation of a new facility or service through the operation, maintenance, modification to decommissioning and dismantling of facilities to dispose of waste and equipment.
This work aims to present the Braskem's experience for managing process safety due to a decentralized structure based on specific process safety focal points, called LAGRI's, in production, process, maintenance and EHS areas.
In order to ensure that risk management is widespread throughout the production chain was created the role of Leader Management and Analysis of Risks and Impacts in each production unit / plant (Plant's LAGRI).
This structure is distributed within the process engineering, production and maintenance of industrial units in which members beyond their duties in their discipline's role is to:
- To coordinate the activities related to impact and risk analysis in the Production Unit/Plant.
- To assist the teams of the Production Unit/Plant for defining the analysis to be conducted and contracting risk studies for the Production Unit.
- To provide external interface with consultants and the leader of risk analysis of the business unit for updating information related to risk analysis.
- To disseminate and equalize the knowledge related to impact and risk analysis among the teams of the production units.
- To assure the standardization of analysis and application of risk and impact analysis procedure in the Production Unit/Plant.
- To coordinate the implementation of suggestions/recommendations from the analysis of the production unit, including complementary studies.
- To coordinate the conduction of periodic studies of impact and risk analysis (IAAI) of the Production Unit/Plant, assuring that these shall be conducted in intervals of 5 years.
- To promote the continuous improvement of environmental aspects with periodic revision of IAAI studies.
- To consolidate the results of the conducted analysis in the Production Unit/Plant.
- To disclose the risk management indexes and results of the analysis conducted in the Production Unit.
- To assure a minimum number of leaders in Process Hazard Analysis based on total amount of risk scenarios
- To make the interface between the head of risk analysis and corporate teams in business units.
- To discuss training needs and tools for analysis and management of impacts and risks.
- To establish and monitor performance indicators for management and analysis of impacts and risks.
This leader has the final paper to ensure that all results obtained in the risk analysis carried out on the production unit are reflected in the definition and management of protective barriers, operating procedures (starting and shutdown) and maintenance of each system or equipment.
|Credits||0.5 Use credits|
|List Price||$25.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Members||$15.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free Free access|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free Free access|