Chemical Reactivity Hazards
- Course ID:
- Type: eLearning (online) Course
- Skill Level:
Learn how to avoid uncontrolled chemical reactions and the serious harm that they can cause. In this course, you'll gain a basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards and how to avoid unintended reactions and control intended reactions. Key concepts discussed include:
- Three major incidents that show the potential consequences of uncontrolled reactions,
- How chemical reactions get out of control, including consideration of reaction path, heat generation and removal, and people/property/environmental response,
- Data and lab testing resources used to identify reactivity hazards,
- Four approaches to making a facility inherently safer with respect to chemical reactivity hazards, and
- Strategies for designing facilities both to prevent and to mitigate uncontrolled chemical reactions.
This online course provides overview of the basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards; supplemented with selected issues of the Process Safety Beacon from the SAChE archive.
Do you already own this content?
If you are already enrolled in this course, click here to access it in the learn center.
|AIChE Members & Employees of CCPS Member Companies||$99.00|
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$0.00|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$0.00|
Training 10 or More?
In-company training and volume pricing are available. Learn more.